Zao Echo Line
Zao Echo Line, which transverses the Zao mountain range to the east and west, is a scenic mountain tourist road that extends for 26 kilometers. Visitors can enjoy the beautiful scenery in every season: snowy walls from the end of April to the middle of May, lush greenery in early summer, and autumn leaves in fall. A large torii gate marks the entrance of the Echo Line, and from Takimidai along the way, visitors can see the Sankai and Fudo waterfalls. Enjoy an exhilarating drive through this majestic mountain range.
- End of April to early November
- From early November to late April of the following year
- All roads are free. Enter the Zao Highline from near the mountaintop to go to Okama (peak of Mt. Katta) (540 for ordinary vehicles).
- 40 minutes by car from JR Shiroishi-Zao Station
- 0224-33-2215 (Agriculture, Forestry and Tourism Division, Zao Town)
- From Zao-machi, Miyagi Prefecture to Kaminoyama City, Yamagata Prefecture