Sendai Yagiyama Zoological Park
The zoo has some attractive exhibits including African animals, such as African Elephant (Loxodonta africana) and giraffe. Viewing the polar bear and hippopotamus exhibits through glass windows are also recommended. Visitors can learn more at the visitor center through stuffed animals and commentary.
- 9:00-16:45 (Mar. to Oct., last entry 16:00)/ 9:00-16:00 (Nov. to Feb., last entry 15:00)
- Monday (Tuesday if Monday is national holiday) and new year holidays
- 【Individual】 adult 480yen/ elementary school and junior high: 120yen/ yearly pass: 1,200yen 【Tour (over 30 people)】 adult 380yen/ elementary school and junior high: 90yen
- 2-minute walk from Yagiyama Zoological Park Station via the Tozai Subway Line.
- 1-43, Yagiyama-honcho, Taihaku-ku, Sendai