Shiroishi Castle was the castle of the Katakura clan, a family of retainers of the Date clan. Although torn down during the Meiji Restoration, part of the castle tower was faithfully restored in 1995 using good-quality Japanese wood, such as Aomori white cedar. The fragrance of the wood leaves an impression. From the castle tower, visitors can see the city center of the castle town, Shiroishi.
- 9:00–17:00 (Until 16:00 from November to March)
- December 28th to 31st
- Entrance: 300 (Entrance to the museum is free. Entrance to the 3-D high vision theater is 300). Combination ticket with the 3-D high vision theatre and former samurai residence of the Ozeki clan is 600.
- 10 minutes on foot from JR Shiroishi Station.
- 0224-24-3030 (Shiroishi Castle Administrative Office)
- 1-16 Masuoka-cho, Shiroishi City, Miyagi Prefecture