Ishinomaki Mangattan Museum
This museum is dedicated to manga artist, Shotaro Ishinomori, who is known for such works as Kamen Rider and Cyborg 009. The museum is full of fun gimmicks, including exhibits and attractions that reproduce Ishinomori’s valuable original drawings and works in 3D and screenings of original animations. Manga drawing events are also held.
The approximately 1-km main street from JR Ishinomaki Station to Ishinomaki Mangattan Museum is dotted with 20 monuments of characters from Ishinomori’s works. The road is commonly known as Manga Road.
- 9:00–18:00 (Until 17:00 from December to February)
- Third Tuesday (Every Tuesday from December to February. If the day is a holiday, closed the following day).
- Adults: 840yen, Junior high school and High school students: 520yen, Elementary school students: 210yen. Children under elementary school age are free.
- 12 minutes on foot from JR Ishinomaki Station
- 2-7 Nakaze, Ishinomaki City, Miyagi Prefecture